High strength low alloy steel pipe and tube spec for weathering steel.
- Specification for HSLA steel with increased atmospheric corrosion resistance. This spec covers cold rolled square and rectangular tube as well as pipe. It has a substantially better atmospheric corrosion resistance than most carbon steels.
- Physical requirements for round and shaped tubing:
Yield strength min PSI 50,000 (345), Tensile strength min PSI 70,000 (483), Elongation in 2 inches (50.8mm) Min% 19
- The producing mill has the choice to use alloying elements to meet this requirement. The choice and use of these elements are from the producing mill and must be reported on the mill certification.
- Chemicals commonly used include: Chromium, nickel, silicon, vanadium, titanium, and zirconium.
- Click here for stock sizes
Chemical requirements for round and shaped tubing